22/08/2018

Highly exalted is the Messiah!


Ram Venisa Ha'Mashiach - Lyrics and Translation.

Image result for 2 corinthians 3 18

My friends, let me confide in you: 
being a disciple of Jesus-Christ fills me with joy 
and I am so grateful to be part of our family of brothers and sisters
in Christ. 

The following verses in Romans 5:8-9 jumped at me when I read them the first time:
But God proves His love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Therefore, since we have now been justified by His blood, how much more shall we be saved from wrath through Him!…

Before my encounter with my Lord, I thought that I was a good person; what I was doing was to bury everything dishonourable (my conscience told me so) I'd done in a part of my brain and I was getting very good at that. 
Unknown to me, the Lord who was pursuing me with his love,  He used different people in my life to plant seeds in me. When I taught in a Christian high school in the Isle of Man, I attended church twice a week. Also a Christian colleague invited me and my two daughters to attend her Baptist church but it still wasn't the appointed time. We stayed in this school for five years when I decided to leave. We moved to Manchester where I found myself in a pit, knowing that I'd made a wrong decision. I called out to the Lord. This was a memorable moment, He heard me and though I had to go to a women's refuge, He gave me strength and helped me out of this disastrous situation. 

A few months later, I felt I had to confess my many sins which all came back to me. A few months later, I met Ty Brando, an American musician on a dating Christian website who told me about Jesus-Christ on one of our many long phone conversations. Every day, he would answer my questions and he'd explain them then I would read the corresponding passages in the bible. Eventually, I said the sinner's prayer and accepted Christ in my heart, through the grace of the Lord. My view of things got completely changed. Scales fell off my eyes! 
So my soul will exalt Jesus my Saviour for ever and I will praise Him and declare what He has done for me. He's taught me how to love others and filled my heart with compassion. He has transformed my heart of stone in a heart of flesh. 
Still, don't get it wrong, it takes time, I was saved in November 2006 and I am still a work in progress and far from being perfect. The transformation still goes on. He is by my side and helping me out. 
Those verses come to mind: 
So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord--who is the Spirit--makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image. 2 Corinthians 3:18
Have you yet accepted the Lord Jesus Christ in your life? 

No comments: