23/05/2012

I have hidden your word in my heart...

Psalm 119

I thought that I would share with you the beginning of this beautiful psalm. It must have taken its author some time to write..This week, I have started a new timetable at work whereby I have wednesday afternoon off and I must say that it is an absolute bonus. Last week, our mission took place (read the previous post ) and it was wonderful to hear so many fine testimonies and adresses. I will soon upload the video clips so watch this space. Have a blessed evening. N.
Psalms Chapter 119 תְּהִלִּים

א אַשְׁרֵי תְמִימֵי-דָרֶךְ-- הַהֹלְכִים, בְּתוֹרַת יְהוָה. 1 ALEPH. Happy are they that are upright in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.

ב אַשְׁרֵי, נֹצְרֵי עֵדֹתָיו; בְּכָל-לֵב יִדְרְשׁוּהוּ. 2 Happy are they that keep His testimonies, that seek Him with the whole heart.

ג אַף, לֹא-פָעֲלוּ עַוְלָה; בִּדְרָכָיו הָלָכוּ. 3 Yea, they do no unrighteousness; they walk in His ways.

ד אַתָּה, צִוִּיתָה פִקֻּדֶיךָ-- לִשְׁמֹר מְאֹד. 4 Thou hast ordained Thy precepts, that we should observe them diligently.

ה אַחֲלַי, יִכֹּנוּ דְרָכָי-- לִשְׁמֹר חֻקֶּיךָ. 5 Oh that my ways were directed to observe Thy statutes!

ו אָז לֹא-אֵבוֹשׁ-- בְּהַבִּיטִי, אֶל-כָּל-מִצְו‍ֹתֶיךָ. 6 Then should I not be ashamed, when I have regard unto all Thy commandments.

ז אוֹדְךָ, בְּיֹשֶׁר לֵבָב-- בְּלָמְדִי, מִשְׁפְּטֵי צִדְקֶךָ. 7 I will give thanks unto Thee with uprightness of heart, when I learn Thy righteous ordinances.

ח אֶת-חֻקֶּיךָ אֶשְׁמֹר; אַל-תַּעַזְבֵנִי עַד-מְאֹד. 8 I will observe Thy statutes; O forsake me not utterly. {P}

ט בַּמֶּה יְזַכֶּה-נַּעַר, אֶת-אָרְחוֹ-- לִשְׁמֹר, כִּדְבָרֶךָ. 9 BETH. Wherewithal shall a young man keep his way pure? By taking heed thereto according to Thy word.

י בְּכָל-לִבִּי דְרַשְׁתִּיךָ; אַל-תַּשְׁגֵּנִי, מִמִּצְו‍ֹתֶיךָ. 10 With my whole heart have I sought Thee; O let me not err from Thy commandments.

יא בְּלִבִּי, צָפַנְתִּי אִמְרָתֶךָ-- לְמַעַן, לֹא אֶחֱטָא-לָךְ. 11 Thy word have I laid up in my heart, that I might not sin against Thee.

יב בָּרוּךְ אַתָּה יְהוָה-- לַמְּדֵנִי חֻקֶּיךָ. 12 Blessed art Thou, O LORD; teach me Thy statutes.

יג בִּשְׂפָתַי סִפַּרְתִּי-- כֹּל, מִשְׁפְּטֵי-פִיךָ. 13 With my lips have I told all the ordinances of Thy mouth.

יד בְּדֶרֶךְ עֵדְו‍ֹתֶיךָ שַׂשְׂתִּי-- כְּעַל כָּל-הוֹן. 14 I have rejoiced in the way of Thy testimonies, as much as in all riches.

טו בְּפִקּוּדֶיךָ אָשִׂיחָה; וְאַבִּיטָה, אֹרְחֹתֶיךָ. 15 I will meditate in Thy precepts, and have respect unto Thy ways.

טז בְּחֻקֹּתֶיךָ אֶשְׁתַּעֲשָׁע; לֹא אֶשְׁכַּח דְּבָרֶךָ. 16 I will delight myself in Thy statutes; I will not forget Thy word. {P}

    א Aleph
 1 Blessed are they whose ways are blameless,
   who walk according to the law of the LORD.
2 Blessed are they who keep his statutes
   and seek him with all their heart.
3 They do nothing wrong;
   they walk in his ways.
4 You have laid down precepts
   that are to be fully obeyed.
5 Oh, that my ways were steadfast
   in obeying your decrees!
6 Then I would not be put to shame
   when I consider all your commands.
7 I will praise you with an upright heart
   as I learn your righteous laws.
8 I will obey your decrees;
   do not utterly forsake me.
   ב Beth
 9 How can a young man keep his way pure?
   By living according to your word.
10 I seek you with all my heart;
   do not let me stray from your commands.
11 I have hidden your word in my heart
   that I might not sin against you.
12 Praise be to you, O LORD;
   teach me your decrees.
13 With my lips I recount
   all the laws that come from your mouth.
14 I rejoice in following your statutes
   as one rejoices in great riches.
15 I meditate on your precepts
   and consider your ways.
16 I delight in your decrees;
   I will not neglect your word.
Footnotes:
Psalm 119:1 This psalm is an acrostic poem; the verses of each stanza begin with the same letter of the Hebrew alphabet - which contains 22 letters -

4 comments:

Honeycombs said...

Beautiful Nicky and one of my favourite bible verses. Which bible did you take it from?
Hope you are well, you definitely sound busy but not long to half term. I truly am looking forward to it. Blessings, Jean x

N Abram said...

Thanks Jean, here is the link for the passage in Hebrew http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt26b9.htm Can't wait either and it's only one week to go! Speak to you soon. God bless

Anonymous said...

I love studing the Hebrew alaphabet ....it is so amazing and thanks for the link,I will check

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

That is amazing... a beautiful psalm. x