11/02/2014

I went down to the potter's house



6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.
We have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.
Have you ever felt that you were unable to handle a situation the right way? Then I felt inadequate but somehow after admitting it and leaving it to the Lord, things got better and eventually for the best. Though I have read this verse in 2 Corinthians 4:7, I confess that I did not understand it much! Once I realised that I am a vessel for the Lord's love and grace, it became clear. My eyes were open.  
When we surrender our whole to Jesus, He restores us, heals us and repairs this 'broken pottery' for his purpose. David says in Psalm 31  I am forgotten by them as though I were dead; I have become like broken pottery.
The Lord tells us through Jeremiah that He is the potter and He shapes us (the pots made of clay) the way he wants us to be. How wonderful to be looked after by our Father. 

This is the message that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: “Jeremiah, go down to the potter’s house. I will give you my message there.”
So I went down to the potter’s house and saw him working with clay at the wheel. He was making a pot from clay. But there was something wrong with the pot. So the potter used that clay to make another pot. With his hands he shaped the pot the way he wanted it to be.
Then this message from the Lord came to me: “Family of Israel, you know that I can do the same thing with you. You are like the clay in the potter’s hands, and I am the potter.” This message is from the Lord. 

Going back to Paul's statement,  this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us, as human beings, we tend to boast too quickly without even realising it! We do notice when others boast but rarely when we do. 
Finally, I like to read this verse of Isaiah, 'We are the clay, You are the potter, We are all the work of Your hands." Our Father who knows us so well moulds us, refines us and transforms us. Are you ready to let Him transform you? 

No comments: