06/08/2019

News update July 2019

Dear friends and family in Christ, here are the latest news!

July's gone already and here is a new month.
Even though I'm retired now, time seems to go as fast as it used to go when I was teaching.
As I'm taking it easy, I haven't drawn a personal timetable yet. I think I should really!

The only pattern that does not change is the following
- delighting in bible reading in the morning
- praying together
- breakfast or brunch whenever
- afternoon, out with my hubby 

However I am easily distracted and will joyfully go on YouYube to listen to worship songs or messages. I am also reading an excellent book : Creating a culture of invitation in your church by Michael Harvey

Last week was a treat, Steven's sister Pauline visited us we enjoyed this special time. She came all the way from Wales.

My sister in law Pauline
We went to Angoulème, the comic strip capital, here are a few photos!

A painted post box


the market at Angouleme
An old poster for a photo festival
Today's verse: 
With praise and thanksgiving they sang to the Lord,
He is good;
His love to Israel endures for ever.
And all the people gave a great shout of praise to the Lord, 
because the foundation of the house of the Lord was laid. 
But many of the older priests and Levites and family heads, 
who had seen the former temple, 
wept aloud when they saw the foundation of this temple being laid 
while many others shouted for joy
Ezra 3:11 - 12

2 comments:

Saija said...

always lovely to meet a sister in the Lord! blessings on ya …

David C Brown said...

Relax, have a god time, and the Lord be with you!

Counting the days till I retire too!