26/02/2010

Go back and be happy!

 During the half-term hols, I started to read 'Go back and be Happy' by Julie Papievis, an amazing story. Somehow I progressed slowly as it is an emotional read and I had to put the book down and wait for a few days before resuming it. This is how Julie introduces it on her website:  
On May 10, 1993 my life was changed forever because someone ran a red light.  After a life-threatening car accident, I suffered a severe brain stem injury and medically died, rating a "3", the lowest number possible on the Glascow Coma Scale.  According to medical experts, 96% of the people with such a severe injury either die or remain permanently comatose.  The few who survive typically face a non-functional life.  I completely beat the odds even though I remained in a coma for over a month. Paralyzed and unconscious, I was transferred to the locked brain injury wing of a rehabilitation facility, where I awakened with vivid memories of my near death experience.  During "death" I saw my grandmothers in heaven.  They instructed me to "Go back and be happy" and assured me that my body would heal.  Although medical experts said I would never walk again, or be able to take care of myself, I didn't listen.  I believed the words of my grandmothers.
If you want to find out more, here is Julie's website. 
http://www.gobackandbehappy.com/
Have a blessed evening, in Christ.

2 comments:

Amrita said...

I like reading biographies. I f I find this one I would surely try to get it.

Caroline said...

Hi Nicky. Thanks for visiting my blog. Yes, Wengen was colder than here but when the sun is shining it doesn't feel as cold.

I like your Isaiah 40:31 link. That is a really powerful bit of scripture and is pinned on my noticeboard.

I haven't heard of that book. Is it a Christian one? It sounds good. I'm off to the first day opening of Sunrise today the Christian book shop which has replaced Wesley Owen and will look out for it.