13/11/2023

Today, I read the story of Samson!


It is found in Judges 13. It's not one my favourite passages in the Old testament though every time I read it, it's clearer in my mind! As i was looking for a commentary, I came across this study on David  Johnathan Inc website. 

The angel of the Lord appears to the wife of Manoah promising that she will conceive and bear a son who must be set apart to God from the moment of his birth. Manoah asks to see the angel of the Lord who does repeat the instructions that He gave his wife : abstain from wine and refrain from having his hair cut....

Have you ever considered that the ministry of the Holy Spirit in Old Testament days was temporary and occasional: the Spirit of God moved Samson at times in the camp of Dan” (13:25, AV). 

How reassuring that in the New Testament times, His ministry is not temporary but permanent, not occasional but continuous. Hallelujah!

“And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counsellor to be with you for ever—the Spirit of truth…” (John 14:16-17, NIV)

What about you brothers and sis, what do you think of this story of Samson?



No comments: