03/09/2021

The Good News of the Gospel of Jesus-Christ!

Thank you Jesus!

    My friend Flo and I we were coming back from the Margelle, a place near the Mairie in Civray where people are vaccinated for the Covid. 
    As we were walking home, we were wondering why some people think they are better than others and it is so obvious in their manners and attitude that they despise others. Causing lots of heartache and worry for those people who are now out of the circle of friends. 😭
As I am into reading Romans, I 'bumped' into Romans chapter 3. It seems this is appropriate to understand all sort of traumatic relationships. 'Their tongues practice deceit' 

What shall we conclude then? Do we have any advantage? Not at all! For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin. 10 As it is written:

“There is no one righteous, not even one;
11     there is no one who understands;
    there is no one who seeks God.
12 All have turned away,
    they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
    not even one.”[b]
13 “Their throats are open graves;
    their tongues practice deceit.”[c]
“The poison of vipers is on their lips.”[d]
14     “Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.”[e]
15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16     ruin and misery mark their ways,
17 and the way of peace they do not know.”[f]
18     “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”[g]

19 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. 20 Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.

So what to do?

 Let's read the following, the good news of the gospel of Jesus-Christ!

Righteousness Through Faith

21 But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousness is given through faith in[h] Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25 God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement,[i] through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— 26 he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.

My friends, have you considered that we are all sinners and that we are justified freely by the Lord's grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus? 

What does this mean? As we are all sinners, we deserve to be punished however when we have faith in Jesus, that He died for our sins and that He resurrected, His righteousness is ours now.  

What is the sinner's prayer?

The sinner's prayer is a Christian term for a prayer that is said when someone wants to repent of their sin, ask God for forgiveness, and state belief in the life, death, and saving resurrection of Jesus Christ. 

Romans 10:9-10 says that “if you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.” 

The Sinner's Prayer 

Lord Jesus, for too long I’ve kept you out of my life. I know that I am a sinner and that I cannot save myself. No longer will I close the door when I hear you knocking. By faith I gratefully receive your gift of salvation. I am ready to trust you as my Lord and Savior. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for coming to earth. I believe you are the Son of God who died on the cross for my sins and rose from the dead on the third day. Thank you for bearing my sins and giving me the gift of eternal life. I believe your words are true. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus, and be my Savior. Amen.

Amen! Welcome in God's family. It is said that there is a party in Heaven every time someone is saved so here you are! 


1 comment:

David C Brown said...

For ye are saved by grace, through faith; and this not of yourselves; it is God's gift, Ephesians 2:9.