12/10/2020

I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth!


1 Corinthians 3
1 But I, brothers, could not address you as spiritual people, but as people of the flesh, as infants in Christ. 2 I fed you with milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it. And even now you are not yet ready, 3 for you are still of the flesh. For while there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not of the flesh and behaving only in a human way? 4 For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not being merely human? 
5 What then is Apollos? What is Paul? Servants through whom you believed, as the Lord assigned to each. 6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth. 

7 So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth. 8 He who plants and he who waters are one, and each will receive his wages according to his labor. 
9 For we are God’s fellow workers. You are God’s field, God’s building.

Brothers and sisters, it is indeed a privilege to belong of God's family and to be able to be used for his kingdom! Another bible verse comes to my mind and here it is in Romans 10:

 13For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

14How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard?c And how are they to hear without someone preaching? 15And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!”

Today, Steven and I went for a walk by the river Dordogne at about 12. Because it rained yesterday we noticed the ground was softer. Steven kept taking photos of the heron, the swans and other little ones, I was as well until my camera died and because i only changed the battery a few days ago, I didn't think the new one would die so quickly. We passed the horses and we arrived at a new equestrian center. Then the path we walked on was getting muddy until Steven who was walking ahead turned round and told me we'd better go back as there was a pool of water and the path was getting narrower. So we did and on the way back we kept meeting people walking their dogs or out and about with members of their family. 

Let me tell you what I personnally think of the French mindset about the gospel of Jesus-Christ. Most of them are clueless and I have this burden to let them know as kindly as possible. Some were brought up in the Catholic church and strayed. They are quite honest and usually tell me why. They have been hurt in the process, also, most of them were not encourage to read the Bible and worse, they have been influenced by the media, the journalists who still bash the Christian, not realising how faithful and awesome our Lord is! 

There are a few hurdles, the first one is that I mustn't be fearful, and I will pray and listen. The second hurdle I notice is that some people will start talking about something for ages; after a while, i will pray for advice. 

So these above scriptures are very helpful as planting seeds at this stage may be all I do and reminding people that our Lord Jesus-Christ is who he claims he is, or that the Bible is the book of life. 

One lady who was walking her dog, said she was a catholic but then dropped it all, so it gave me the opportunity to talk to her about my testimony. I also believe that the Lord's presence is manifest and his timing is perfect.  I'd said maybe enough as we 'bumped' into Steven who'd met another bird photographer and the lady departed it quickly. May the Lord bless her richly in Jesus'name through the power of Holy Spirit. Amen


2 comments:

David C Brown said...

Good to have that testimony in the midst of indifference which seems to be the feature of the present world. But God is able to awaken souls.

N Abram said...

Amen!