10/11/2012

Hurray, it's Friday


As much as I love my job, I long for the week-end as I suffer at the moment of sleep deprivation. However, I cannot complain too much as it is partly my fault. I should go to bed at 10:30 instead of midnight. Tonight is the same but I don't have to get up so early. 
My sister-in-law, Pauline, has travelled all the way from Wales and she will stay with us until Tuesday. She is a great sister and I am so pleased to have her here with us. As we weren't sure at what time she would be there, Steven prepared a hot pot, various beans (soaked overnight) and pork shanks, mushrooms, onions and lots of garlic, the kind of stuff that can be left to simmer.  It was very tasty. 
On the way home, I heard on the radio that the Bishop of Durham, Justin Welby had been nominated as the new archbishop of Canterbury, and what is pleasing is that he said:  I think, I hope, I am defined because I love and follow Jesus Christ.” He is also clear about his position on the two hot potatoes: he supports women bishops and I quote ' warned that the established church must have “no truck with any form of homophobia” but reaffirmed his support of a statement by the church this summer that was sharply critical of the legalisation of gay marriage and described the move as “deeply unwise”.' " The Independant' Will you join me and pray that the Lord guides him and blesses him in his new position.

No comments: