09/07/2014

A word of encouragement tonight

Image
Galatians 6:9-10

9 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
10 So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.
Can we get tired of doing good? Paul must have thought so and he provides us with this encouragement. Relationships are so precious that you try not to fall out with anybody. However, at times, it is going to be difficult since our friends may not like what we say to them. So we must ask the Holy Spirit to help us, to guide us, and let him speak through us. 
When I used to live in the Isle of Man, I was out for a walk with a group of friends and  we all had our children with us. I remember that my friend (who happened to be the pastor's wife) noticed that my youngest daughter was ignoring me and not following any instructions I was saying. So she told me and added that I should be stricter with her. She was right of course but at the time it upset me. When I look back on those days before I knew Jesus, I thought that I was good even when all the evidence pointed at me being a 'fool' (as in the Proverbs)..I also was completely blind. Still the awesome reality was that the Lord loved me then and my friend was helping me. Now, Jesus loved us so much that he was obedient to his Father and died on the cross for us. He showed us the way so let us persevere and keep loving others no matter what even if it's hard at times (!) Have a blessed evening.

No comments: