03/10/2013

A B C D E F G



One day, a little girl got lost in the woods on a farm near where she lived.
The farmer who owned the land found the little girl and said to her, "Don't be afraid; I'll take you home."
The little child looked up at him, and with a smile, said, "I'm not afraid. I knew you would come; I was waiting for you."
"Waiting for me?" said the man. "What made you think I was coming?"
"I was praying that you would." she said.  "You were praying?" the farmer asked. "When I first heard you, you were just saying 'A B C D E F G.' What was that for?"
She looked up again and said, "I wasn't sure exactly what to say, so I was praying all the letters of the alphabet and letting God put them together the way He wanted them. He knew I was lost and he knew how to put the letters together better than I do."

I love this story so much. 'letting God put them together the way He wanted them' implies a complete trust in God. Are we ready to step out in faith or to ask in faith in our daily walk? Then we need to be patient and wait in faith for the Lord! 
The followers of Jesus said to him one day, "Give us more faith." Jesus answered them, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you." I find this passage of the bible very encouraging. Also the thought that not only our God loves us but he knows us and he is patient with us so even if we miss the mark and dare not step out in faith in one situation, we can have another try and this time go for it. Hence the importance of being surrounded by faithful brothers and sisters who truly love the Lord. 
May the Lord make his face shine on you.



No comments: