24/06/2013

In the book of 1 Corinthians

Welcome on my blog. I believe that if you are on this site, this is not sheer coincidence so do explore and be ready to find maybe answers to your questions or find out radically astounding truth because whenever it is quoted, I believe that the Word of God is powerful and life-giving. 

Love is patient,
 love is kind.
 It does not envy,
 it does not boast,
 it is not proud.
 5 It does not dishonor others,
 it is not self-seeking,
 it is not easily angered,
 it keeps no record of wrongs.
 Love does not delight in evil
but rejoices with the truth.
 It always protects, 
                                                        always trusts,
                                                        always hopes, 
                                                              always perseveres.
1 Corinthians 13:4-7
The passage continues:
Everyone who prophesies
    will stop,
and unknown languages
will no longer
    be spoken.
All that we know
    will be forgotten.
We don’t know everything,
and our prophecies
    are not complete.
10 But what is perfect
    will someday appear,

and what isn’t perfect
    will then disappear.
11 When we were children,
we thought and reasoned
    as children do.
But when we grew up,
    we quit our childish ways.
12 Now all we can see of God
is like a cloudy picture
    in a mirror.

Later we will see him
    face to face.
We don’t know everything,
    but then we will,
just as God completely
    understands us.

13 For now there are faith,
    hope, and love.
But of these three,
    the greatest is love.

This passage is just awesome. I have just been reading a post about faith, hope and love written by a missionary called Nick Gambrell, and I'd like to share it with you. Click here. ...how faith played a part in the lives of those I met in Rwanda this past summer.I stayed in an Orphanage, as I showed you this morning, where 9 boys lived. Literally, one of the first things that I noticed was that in the kitchen, or even of the bathrooms that was supposedly storage, there was no food. I wondered, what did they eat? On top of that, I wondered, where do they cook this seemingly imaginary food that they eat?
I soon realized that there was no supply of food. They lived day to day. What food they did get each day came in the form of one meal often cooked by one of the older boys over a fire behind the orphanage. This is living by faith...
I invite you to join us in prayers for all our brothers and sisters in Christ who do not have enough food, water, a bed to sleep, clothes, basic material resources. 
Do let me know if the link does not work.
Have a blessed evening. N.

No comments: