12/05/2013

God keeps his promises!

This morning at Hixon church, St Peter, I welcomed four children that I 'd never seen before. As an introduction, I asked them to tell me anything they want about the Lord so Tom mentioned that the Lord had created the world so we all agreed. This was a good start. Then I asked them if they knew about the Lord's promises and Soph (one of the younger ones) mentioned the boat and Tom who must have realised what she was talking about,  helped her: 'Yes, she means Noah's boat. So we talked about the Lord's promise to Noah: the covenant (agreement)  is in Genesis 9:14-16 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life.16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”
I then asked them if they'd heard about somebody called Jacob and they said yes! This was fantastic so we moved on to Jacob's dream at Bethel. We read Exodus 28: 11-15 and then watched this video: http://vimeo.com/61097262 A character called Commander Cosmo speaks about Jacob, his dream and the Lord's promise to look after him. Then for the main activity we used the resources that Lisa, a fellow blogger put on her website. Here is the link. http://ourcountryroad.blogspot.co.uk/ So we all had a very enjoyable session.
Have you experienced the feeling that the Lord 'watches over you wherever you go'? Even when I rebelled and did not want to think about the Lord, I know now that He was protecting me and helping me. And this is an awesome feeling to know that He is patient and loving.
For now, I am back marking and planning for the week coming. Do keep us in your prayers; may the Lord bless you in abundance, in Jesus' name. N.



2 comments:

David C Brown said...

Keep yourself in the love of God.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I've experienced that feeling of God's oversight and care.

I like how you incorporated the children who were visiting into the flow of the class. Every child who visits is precious to God. Good job.