15/12/2011

Delight yourself in the Lord...

D  Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

In Psalm 40, David writes, "I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry. He drew me up from the desolate pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure."(v.1,2).
I don't know about you but everytime I read these verses, my heart sinks; I was just in a 'desolate pit' and the Lord 'set my feet upon a rock' just like that. Therefore I will praise the Lord forever and delight in his Word.
 
'True delight in the Lord then, will always express itself in obedience to Him. True delight in the Lord will always express itself in praise. And the third way we are to express our delight in the Lord is by sharing our faith--' Rev. Bryn McFail

If you wish to take part in the amazing A to Z challenge aiming at memorising bible verses, let us know! Just give us the E. Have a blessed Friday. Yours in Christ.

No comments: