11/08/2011

Beer and bible? Do you follow?

Beer and Bible
One particular initiative for 2011 is Beer and Bible which aims to encourage the reading of the Bible in pubs across the diocese. The vision is to have the Bible read in 200 pubs with a focus on seasonal times in the Christian calendar and particularly during Holy Week and Easter.
A variety of social networking sites and web sites are being set up to support this initiative and there will be a wide variety of resources and suggestions about possible approaches. The central aim is the public reading of the Bible, though churches may want to use this opportunity to explore other activities and events in conjunction with this.  To see the video, click here!

 

A Challenge

We hope that Christians across the diocese will take up the Beer and Bible challenge and help promote this initiative in their churches, parishes, communities and most importantly their pubs!
I found this challenging project on the diocese of Chelmsford website. What do you think? would you want do try a similar project in your area? Let us know. God bless. Your sister in Christ. N.

4 comments:

Patti Hanan said...

I think this is a great idea because it can reach many who might not otherwise hear God's word. I hope it is successful and helps many.

N Abram said...

Hi Pat, thanks for your comment! This is what I thought too. I also think that it would take a lot of organising to do. So we'll have to follow that up..Have a blessed week-end! x

Honeycombs said...

Hi Nicky, sounds a great idea and sadly I know of several Christians who don't think they need to read the bible these days, I think since computer some have lost the art of reading book of any kind.
Hope you've had a good holiday, only 2 weeks and then back to school, I feel as if it hasn't been very long this time. Blessings, Jean x

N Abram said...

Hi Jean, sorry to reply late, I did not have access to a computer as our laptop cable tore. I agree with your thoughts entirely, it is an issue. I hope you've a very good rest and that you are refreshed for September. We must meet up! God bless x