20/12/2010

To trust in the Lord

Photo, courtesy of Cathy
To trust in the Lord is always the right thing to do. 
I am referring to a few difficult periods I have had in my short life as a Christian, In these instances, I have had two choices; either to let panic invade and ruin my decisions, or to calm down and leave it to the Lord. 
I have had to learn how to stop over-reacting, this in itself is hard to do, you must take a conscious decision to ask the Lord for help. 
The Lord is full of compassion and He is faithful. Advice has come to me in various ways, either a passage of the Bible has sprung to mind or I have read and heard wise comments from fellow brothers and sisters. 
In any case, faith is the keyword and patience is the tool I need.
Blessings. Yours in Christ. 

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.

Nahum 1:7

The LORD is good, 
   a refuge in times of trouble. 
He cares for those who trust in him.

No comments: