21/09/2010

..live at peace with everyone..

      17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
    18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
    19 Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: It is mine to avenge; I will repay, says the Lord.
    20 On the contrary:
   If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head. 
 21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Romans 12:17-21
I think that you will agree that sometimes living at peace with everyone can be difficult!
We have to be on our guard all the time so that difficult situations do not develop and end up overcoming us to a point where we feel that forgiving is too hard.
This afternoon, I was reading in Lynn's blog http://lynnmosher.blogspot.com/   how she blessed her employer instead of cursing her.
So if we choose to bless our enemy we will be able to move forward and remove bitterness from our heart. I must add that in such a situation, I asked the Lord to help me as I felt I could not do it on my own! Blessings. Yours in Christ.

No comments: