02/05/2010

Pray? What for? Why? Does it work?

The following passage is one of my favourite as it made a real impact on my life: I discovered that I had a caring Father in heaven and this was in itself a revelation.
Matthew 7:7-11 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 "For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9 "Or what man is there among you who, when his son asks for a loaf, will give him a stone? 10 "Or if he asks for a fish, he will not give him a snake, will he? 11 "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!
Also Luke 11:13
As Christians, we must not despair or worry but pray. You may think that it is easier said than done, I agree about that too. Still let's persevere!  
Matthew 18:19-20 "Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. 20 "For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst."
How strong is your faith? If you believe that Jesus is the son of God, that he died for our sins and he resurrected, then hear Him.
Matthew 21:22 And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.
Let's take an even bigger step.
Mark 11:24 Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you.
The name of Jesus is ever so powerful.
John 14:13-14 "Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.
The need to repent and confess is so important:
James 5:16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.


It's so enjoyable to spend more time with our family thanks to this long week-end. We had a wonderful time with friends round today and it didn't rain. I never thought it would be so cold though! Enjoy more of this week-end. Yours in Christ.
Visit http://www.riverpower.org. Here's what you'll find:


  • Answers to questions such as Why does a loving God allow bad things to happen? How can one change bad habits?  What does Jesus have to do with contentment?  Why do Christians experience discontentment and discouragement? What is the difference between Christianity and other beliefs?  How good does one have to be to go to heaven? and What is God like?

1 comment:

Unworthy said...

Coucou sister!
How are you doing?
Thank you for this post, it really encouraged me :). I have been struggling to trust in God's word amd this post touched my heart.
Thank you so much
God bless

Joelle, at unworthy