21/04/2009

Easter Holiday











This Easter holiday, we stayed in a CL campsite at Kidlington, north of Oxford. It was such a lovely site by a small river. We went to Oxford to do a bit of sightseeing and I remembered my way round the town. Parking is so costly though. We managed to park in Kimble street, near the Pitt River museum.
I managed to do quite a bit of reading. I took that book:
Power Evangelism, signs and wonders today by John Wimber with Kevin Springer.
I found that book so rich and compelling! In the first chapter, John reminds us that we are at war, and that Jesus is about his Father's business, which is releasing those held captive by Satan. He then gives us his personal view on how to enter the warfare : we need to listen to God's voice' He explains what Power Evangelism is about, giving us his personal experiences on using the gifts of the Spirit. Though the book was written in 1985, its tenets are very modern. In face his comment on the Western society thinking that supernatural is fantasy and only the material is real is still so true!
If you have read that book, do drop me a line!

1 comment:

Honeycombs said...

Love the picture of the swan Nicky. How did the first week go. Hectic at work can't believe the paper work. Just hope tomorrows meeting isn't a long one I feel so drained at the end of the day, and meetings just make me tired. I know where I'd have preferred to have been. Thank you so much for the invite. Hugs x